20 Art Therapy Prompts for Kids
Allowing our brains the freedom for free expression, even by doodling, can have a wonderful impact on how we process, retain, and share information. Art therapy for kids can be used to help a child cope with a major life event. It can also help children who struggle with low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, learning disabilities, and behavioral issues, as well as developmental delays like autism and ADHD. Help your kids deal with their emotions in a healthy way through these helpful art therapy prompts.
1. Paint or color while listening to music.
2. Paint a picture with your fingers.
3. Draw with your eyes closed.
4. Make a collage of things you love.
5. Create a past, present, and future self-portrait.
6. Draw yourself as a superhero.
7. Make art with your fingerprints.
8. Draw a comic strip.
9. Create a family tree.
10. Draw one of your dreams.
11. Make art out of recycled items.
12. Draw a relaxing scene or landscape.
13. Draw an imaginary creature.
14. Paint a rainbow.
15. Scribble mindlessly.
16. Draw with white charcoal on black paper.
17. Draw your favorite animal.
18. Draw a waterfall.
19. Paint on a t-shirt.
20. Create a tie-dye paper using water, markers, and aluminum foil.