5 Ways to Show Your Homeschool Pride
As a homeschool, you don’t have the same events like pep rallies or sporting events to display your school pride; however, there are still many ways you and your children can express your excitement for learning at home. Below are five ideas you can do to show you love your homeschool.
1. Name a Mascot: Just because you homeschool, doesn’t mean you can’t have a homeschool mascot. In fact, because you do homeschool, you have the freedom to select one! Pick and name your mascot, whether it’s your family pet, favorite animal, or something unique inspired by literature or the area where you live.
2. Pick Your School Colors: Did you know that some colors help children learn? Incorporating the element of color into your homeschool can paint the perfect picture for your child's educational future.
3. Write a School Song: Have a brainstorming session and make up a fun homeschool song. Incorporate your mascot, everybody’s names, the curriculum you use, and why you love homeschooling into a catchy tune.
4. Create a Yearbook: Recording fun outings and adventures with the family in a yearbook can be a fun, month-to-month project for your kids.
5. Select a School Scripture or Theme Verse: Have the whole family pick a scripture and post it by each child’s workspace. Memorizing the scripture as a parent is also a powerful life-practice to model to your children.