Edible Brownie Batter Cookie Dough? Yes, Please!
You wouldn’t complain about having a little more cookie dough in your life, would you? We didn’t think so! The next time you need a study break or a little pick-me-up after a tough homeschool day, try this delicious brownie batter cookie dough that’s dairy free, gluten free, and vegan edible. Best of all, it can be ready to eat in as little as 30 minutes.
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
4 tbsp almond milk
1/2 cup chocolate chunks or chips (optional, but why say no?)
1. In a bowl, combine the melted coconut oil and sugar. Make sure the oil is warm and let the two ingredients sit together for a few minutes until the oil reaches room temperature.
2. Whisk the two together until combined.
3. Sift in the cocoa powder and coconut flour and stir to combine.
4. Mix in the maple syrup.
5. Add and mix in the almond milk.
6. Pop the batter into the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes until thickened. The longer you keep it in there, the thicker it will get.
7. Mix the batter again to loosen it up and stir in your chocolate. (Note: If the batter gets too think in the fridge, you can thin it out with additional milk.)
8. Enjoy immediately!
Source: Butternut Bakery