If I Had Known
Looking back over your homeschooling experiences, what would you do differently? Enjoy these reflections gleaned from other homeschooling parents just like you:
• If I had known that teaching my children would be so much fun, I would have started homeschooling sooner.
• If I had known my children were going to grow as fast as older women said they would, I would have treasured our time together even more.
• If I had known that my son was going to become an archeologist and dig in the dirt for a profession, I would have never worried about removing the stains when washing his clothes.
• If I had known that all my children would go on to receive college degrees, I would have never second guessed my curriculum choices and teaching abilities.
• If I had known how unimportant it was to keep a spotless house, I would have gone to bed on time instead of spending countless hours cleaning, organizing, and tidying up for the next day.
• If I had known how living on one income would build a solid faith in God, I would have gladly lived with less without all the complaining.
• If I could only experience the thrill of one job to last an entire lifetime, I would homeschool my children all over again.
Whatever lessons you’ve learned from homeschooling so far, you’re incredibly blessed to teach your children. Praise God for the wonderful opportunity to be both your child’s parent and teacher! “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end” (Jeremiah 29:11).
Lord, I lift up a grateful heart of praise and thank You for all my homeschooling joys. As we begin a new school year, please help me to appreciate the benefits of homeschooling even more. In Jesus’ name, Amen.