Tech Tip: Update Your Computer in 3 Easy Steps
A good piece of advice for maintaining a computer is to ensure you always have the latest updates. Doing so not only guarantees that you get the latest features, but also ensures that you have protection against the latest security threats. To update your computer, follow the simple steps below.
1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button > All Programs > Windows Update.
2. In the left pane, click “check for updates” and wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.
3. If any updates are found, click “install updates.” If you are prompted, type in your administrator password or confirmation.
1. Click the Apple symbol in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
2. On newer Macs, if you see an indicator for a new update beside App Store, click on it. On older Macs, click Software Update.
3. Your computer will notify you after a few minutes if there are updates to install. Click the button labeled “update” to apply.
What other tech topics would you like to learn more about?