The Perfect Homeschooling World
• In a perfect homeschool world, your children would greet you with a smile each morning and help prepare breakfast and clean up afterward.
• In a perfect homeschool world, there would be no sibling fights, lost workbooks, or unprepared students.
• In a perfect homeschool world, your children would learn their lessons the first time, eliminating any review.
• In a perfect homeschool world, you would have brilliant applications and visual aids prepared for every subject area you are teaching each day.
• In a perfect homeschool world, the laundry would clean and fold itself, so you could enjoy the evenings with your spouse.
• In a perfect homeschool world, there would be enough money to buy all the curriculum you wanted.
• In a perfect homeschool world, you would find encouraging notes from your children thanking you for being such a wonderful parent and teacher.
• In a perfect homeschool world, you would always have the right answer to every one of your children's questions.
Unfortunately, this world is not perfect. We live in a fallen and sinful world that tempts us (1 Corinthians 10:13). Every day I must go to the One who is perfect for strength, wisdom, and guidance to live my life as a shining example of His love to my family and the world. I am not perfect, but He is (Hebrews 7:25-26)! I rejoice that although my homeschool world is not perfect, I know the One who is. He goes before me each day and prepares the path in which I will walk. Today, I trust Him again to take everything I experience as a homeschooling parent and cause it to work together for good (Romans 8:28).
Lord, I know that I fall short each day in living a perfectly holy life. Help me to be patient and loving toward my family and others when they fall short as well. None of us is perfect, except You. Thank You for being a holy God who loves me in spite of my shortcomings. In Jesus' name, Amen.