Top 10 Homeschool Topics of 2017
From tips to declutter and tidy up your home to important reminders for preparing homeschool transcripts, take a look back at the top 10 Homeschool View articles from 2017.
1. 5 Tips to Declutter and Tidy Up Your Home
While change is never an easy thing to do, here are five tips from organizational expert Marie Kondo to declutter and tidy up your home.
2. 15 Facts You May Not Know about Laura Ingalls Wilder
Once told that writing for children was a waste of time, Laura Ingalls Wilder ignored that advice to become one of the most influential children’s authors of all time. In 2017, we celebrated 150 years since her birth in a little house in the big woods.
3. 10 Recommended Apps for Homeschoolers
Check out 10 apps for homeschoolers as recommended by Meg Grooms, a long-time homeschooling mother of six, including two homeschool graduates.
4. Important Reminders for Preparing Homeschool Transcripts
Keep these eight important reminders for preparing homeschool transcripts in mind as you get ready for your homeschooler’s next journey.
5. DIY Fidget Spinners
Don’t spend the money on a fidget spinner. Instead, make your own out of materials you probably already have laying around the house.
6. How Much Your State Saves Thanks to Homeschoolers
Homeschool families are saving taxpayers $22 billion annually by educating their children at home according to an estimate by the Pioneer Institute.
7. Should Your Children Watch Beauty and the Beast?
Disney’s live-action version of Beauty and the Beast opened to impressive box-office numbers despite heavy criticism for homosexual innuendos.
8. 5 Websites You Could Be Using in Your Homeschool
To help you find worthwhile resources on the web, see what you think about these five free educational websites you could be using in your homeschool.
9. Homeschoolers Bribed to Boost Public School Enrollment
A South Dakota superintendent received heavy criticism for offering a bribe to homeschoolers to boost his public school’s enrollment for a day.
10. Wise Homeschool Moms Reveal Their Best Motivation Tips
Check out the best motivation tips from 20 wise homeschool moms who follow AOP’s Facebook page.