Top Colleges for Christian Homeschoolers
Many homeschool families wonder how their student will fare in the college admission process. The good news? Homeschoolers are in high demand on many campuses across the nation.
However, that doesn’t mean any old school will be a good fit. Thebestschools.org took a look at schools with a history of accepting homeschoolers and used three factors – Christian education, open-mindedness toward conservative values, and integration of science and faith – to determine which schools are likely to be the best fit for homeschoolers. The top 10 schools on their list include:
1. Grove City College – Grove City, PA
2. Biola University – La Mirada, CA
3. University of Dallas – Irving, TX
4. Hillsdale College – Hillsdale, MI
5. Liberty University – Lynchburg, VA
6. College of the Ozarks – Point Lookout, MO
7. Houston Baptist University – Houston, TX
8. Regent University – Virginia Beach, VA
9. Patrick Henry College – Purcellville, VA
10. LeTourneau University – Longview, TX
Certainly these aren’t the only schools that might suit your homeschool student. There are many other helpful online resources, such as christiancollegeguide.net, that can point your student toward a college that suits him or her best. If your child desires to stay close to home, you can also find lists of homeschool-friendly colleges by state. In addition, HSLDA provides a plethora of information about admissions, financial aid, testing, transcripts, and more.