Transform Your Child's Homeschool Day
Have you fallen into the trap of seeing things negatively in your homeschool? Do you find yourself barking orders at your children while homeschooling and failing to practice the art of loving encouragement? Although it's easy to become overwhelmed as homeschool parents, it's important to remember to take a breath, step back, and offer your children fresh words of affirmation in moments of frustration.
Proverbs 25:11 says, "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." Better than giving expensive gifts and gadgets, speaking these simple phrases from the heart will do more to make your child feel loved! To prevent negative behavior, promote positive thoughts, and plant new seeds for success this coming year, motivate your children with these uplifting words:
1. "Wow! Look how much you have improved!"
2. "I'm so blessed to be your teacher and your mom/dad!"
3. "What an awesome job!"
4. "I appreciate your help so much."
5. "I'm so proud of whom you're becoming."
6. "It's obvious you did your best."
7. "I believe in you."
8. "I enjoyed my time homeschooling with you today."
9. "Let's go out on a special date today."
10. "You're one of the best things that has happened to our family."
11. "What a gift you are to me!"
12. "You're so lovable."
13. "You've got a great head on your shoulders."
14. "It was so nice of you to help me _______ today."
15. "I love your kisses and hugs."
16. "I'm so proud to call you my son/daughter."
17. "What a generous heart you have!"
18. "That was such a thoughtful thing to do!"
19. "What a good memory you have!"
20. "I like the colors you chose in your picture."
21. "If anybody can do it, you can."
22. "Way to go! That was hard, but you did it."
23. "What do you think we should do?"
24. "You learn so quickly!"
25. "I made a mistake. Will you please forgive me?"