Vinyl Record Bowl Craft
Do you have some old vinyl records laying just around somewhere in your basement? Repurpose them with this easy vinyl bowl craft!
Here’s what you’ll need:
A record (pick one with interesting artwork or that you don’t mind never playing again)
An oven-safe bowl that’s roughly the size bowl you want to end up with
A cookie sheet
1. Preheat your oven to 250°.
2. Put the oven-safe bowl upside down on the cookie sheet and place the vinyl record on top of the bowl so it will droop around the bowl as it is heated.
3. Put the whole arrangement in the oven for 10 minutes.
4. Using the oven mitts, take the record off the bowl. (It should be soft and pliable). If you let it sit for a few minutes, you may be able to handle the record without oven mitts. Shape it however you desire and don’t hesitate to put it back in the oven if it hardens too quickly.
5. If you want a more symmetrical vinyl bowl, flip the oven-safe bowl right side up and put the vinyl inside it for a few more minutes in the oven.
Note: Your final product won’t be particularly good for messy food, but it can be great for fruit, keys, gloves, etc. Also, if you want a smaller bowl, use a 7” record. If you want a bigger bowl, an LP record is a good size.