Why I Love Homeschooling
Why do I love homeschooling? Let me count the ways:
• I love homeschooling because fixed hours aren't required to learn a subject. When I discovered God had given me a night owl who loved to sleep in, I simply adjusted and made a schedule that worked best for our family.
• I love homeschooling because there are so many fun things to learn. Not only are there great curriculums for covering the main subject areas, but there are also countless extracurricular topics and activities to explore. We once spent an entire week studying birds of prey when we found a wounded hawk in our yard after a severe wind storm.
• I love homeschooling because I have the flexibility to adjust our day depending on what God brings. If my child is grasping concepts quickly and wants to know more in language arts, then I'll keep going and forget about doing history that day. If Dad has an impromptu meeting in another city, I can take advantage of the opportunity and schedule a family field trip.
• I love homeschooling because it gives me an opportunity to really know my children. As a teacher and a parent, I see both their hearts and ther minds, and I have the blessed privilege to develop both in the Lord.
• I love homeschooling because I don't have to wait until school's out to receive a hug and a kiss. I have the joy of loving and being loved by my children throughout the entire day.
Why do you love homeschooling? Start your own list of reasons today and place it somewhere to remind yourself of homeschooling's many blessings. When Satan tries to steal your faith and discourage you, you'll be prepared to stand strong. Instead of asking, "Now, why was it that I wanted to homeschool?" you'll have answers that prove homeschooling is the best job in the world. "Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked" (Ephesians 6:16).
Lord, thank You for giving me the opportunity to teach my children. Even though tough days will come, I know Your presence will guide us. Help me to appreciate the blessings of teaching my children each day. In the name of Jesus, Amen.