Meet America’s pioneers in the LIFEPAC 2nd Grade History & Geography Unit 7 Worktext from Alpha Omega Publications! The seventh in a series of ten, this unit also studies how the present-day U.S. borders were formed.
In the LIFEPAC 2nd Grade History & Geography Unit 7 Worktext, students retrace the steps of American pioneers as they head west in search of land, adventure, and fortune. This full-color, step-by-step worktext, the seventh in a 10-part program for second graders, is filled with engaging lesson content with lots of pictures and illustrations to reinforce and enrich the subject matter. This mastery-based curriculum also includes regular self tests, as well as a teacher-administered unit test.
LIFEPAC 2nd Grade History & Geography Unit 7 Worktext Objectives
1. Describe how Texas became part of the United States.
2. Describe the Oregon Trail and how pioneers used it to travel to the western territories.
3. Understand how the gold rushes helped bring settlers to the West.
4. List some of the last territories to become a part of the United States.
5. Name several groups of people who helped settle new territories.